Images of nails, both from illustrations and from items in museums, as well as images of the manufacture of nails.
This does not include every depiction of a crucifixion or martyrdom; see also the Holy Nails.
More nails can be found in the Portable Antiquities Scheme Finds Database.
- The nail header from the Mastermyr find, 9th century
- Hedroit the blacksmith's wife makes nails, The Holkham Bible Picture Book (British Library Add. 47682, fol. 31r), c. 1327-1335
- Construction of Noah's Ark, Bible historiale (BNF Fr. 9, fol. 14), beginning of the 15th century
- Nailsmiths in the Mendel Housebook:
Ott Nagler (c. 1425),
Frycz Zorn (1482),
Kuntz Peck (1525),
Jorg Koll (1529),
Jorg Flurrer (1572)
- Hedroit the blacksmith's wife makes nails, the Book of Hours of Étienne Chevalier, c. 1455
- Contz Eysenhofer (d. 1532), The Landauer Hausbuch
- The Nailsmith in The Ständebuch, 1568