18th Century Farmers’ Smocks

Last updated: Nov 27, 2021

This overgarment is more frequently referred to as a “farmer’s frock,” or occasionally a “smock frock.”

(I haven’t found a pattern for the 18th century styles as found in the illustrations below, but you may be able to modify the Folkwear French Cheesemaker’s Smock, Black Forest Smock, or English Smock into something suitable.)

Possible extant example: Gemeentemuseum Den Haag 0781272